The beauty of a good guacamole is in it’s simplicity…choosing minimal ingredients that highlight the delicacy of the avocado, while still adding a little punch like all Mexican food must have.
One day when I had no lemon, I tried it with the juice of an orange instead and discovered an accidental gourmet delight.
- Slice avocados in half and open up. Remove the pit.
- Squeeze “meat” into a bowl.
- Add lemon or orange juice, red onion and salt.
- Use a fork to mash it all together.
- Taste. Add salt or juice as desired.