Once upon a time, in a Chinese herb shop, I learned that orange juice is not good to drink for a cold. I was told that they actually caused mucus to form. And do you know what, I can feel that it is true. In fact, as much as I suffer from allergies, I do not drink orange juice as a general rule. That does not mean however that oranges don’t have beneficial qualities. And they make great winter snacks. I personally love to use the rind in my cooking. Oranges are:
- a great source of Vitamin C which helps fight disease-causing molecules.
- often found to include more than 60 flavonoids which are powerful antioxidants.
- packed full of antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial elements.
- overflowing with more than 170 cancer-fighting phytochemicals.
- shown to help in the fight against cancers of the mouth, skin, lungs and more.
MORE LIKE THIS: vigor triggers