for 8 servings
- 1/2 of a large seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons rose water*- or to taste- or if you don't have rose water and home and do have a watermelon, just skip this.
*Rose water is available online in the Meal and a Spiel Amazon Shop, in Middle Eastern markets or gourmet shops. Note, the rose water sold at gourmet shops is usually in smaller bottles and stronger, so anticipate cutting the amount by half, and then add to taste.
- Cut the watermelon into pieces so you can easily remove the rind.
- Cut the “meat” into cubes about a couple inches wide. Place them in a blender with the rosewater and blend until it’s a puree.
- Put the mixture in a glass or plastic container and freeze for 4-6 hours. Use a fork to scrape and stir the granita every hour and a half or so to get ice crystals.