Recipe adapted from Nadia Zerouali and Merijn Tol’s book Under the Shade of the Olive Trees: Recipes from Jerusalem to Marrakech.
What I love about this recipe:
- It takes about three minutes or less to prepare. (Ok you have to scrape it up in the freezer after, but still, it’s that easy.)
- The taste of the rosewater and watermelon together is like crisp summer heaven with sparkles, except its super classy and usually classy things don’t have sparkles.
- It can function as a dessert, a snack or a palate cleanser between courses.
- It doesn’t have any added sugar.
- It’s so clean in its ingredients that I enjoyed it during a detox cleanse. Um, yes I did!
- People think you are some type of genius for having a granita in your house, particularly with these sophisticated flavors, and I just love feeling like a genius.