TAGS: coconut, coconut milk, dessert, easy recipe, healthy eating, panna cotta, Peaches, pine nuts
MORE RECIPIES OF THIS TYPE: cali-style, dairy free, desserts, food blog, fruit, gluten-free, low sugar, make ahead recipes, recipes, vegan, Vegetarian
(Makes 6 Servings)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons RAW honey
- 1 ½ rounded tablespoon agar agar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder OR ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 large lemons, the juice and the zest
- white peaches (about 1 for every 2 people = 3 in this case)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, broken into one inch “mini sprigs”
- a large handful of pinenuts
- 6 ramekins
For Panna Cotta:
- Add all ingredients to pot, bring to a boil.
- Let boil for five minutes, whisking the whole time.
- Bring to simmer for five minutes.
- Add to small ramekins.
- Refrigerate until fully congealed. Up to 4 hours depending on ramekin size.
- Cut peaches into 1 inch “cubes” or even a bit smaller.
- Place in a ziplock bag, or glass bowl with cover.
- Squeeze in the juice of the lemon. If the lemon isn’t too juicy, add the juice of another.
- Add in the rosemary florets.
- Squeeze air out of bag and seal. Alternatively cover the bowl with an airtight lid.
- Let sit for three hours at least at room temp, after which you can put in the fridge until ready to use.
For the Pine Nuts:
- Heat a stainless steel pan over medium heat for one minute.
- Add pine nuts and let toast for 2 or 3 minutes or until golden brown. WARNING: they burn easily, do not tend to the baby or google anything in this time period.
Put some peaches on the panna cotta, sprinkle with pine nuts, add a floret of rosemary to make it look pretty. Pour a cold glass of Moscato d’Asti. EAT!