Vigor Trigger: Click the pink for health benefits!
- one 9” spring form cake pan, well oiled with extra virgin olive oil (*Watch video on how to choose the best olive oil.)
- 8 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup raw honey- less if not using raw
- 4 cups almond meal, or finely ground blanched almonds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup 2% Greek yogurt *
- the zest of two (blood) oranges, chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
*To make this cake without dairy or parve, use coconut milk yogurt, almond milk yogurt or other non-dairy yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs with a pinch of salt for 3 minutes.
- Add honey to eggs and beat for another three minutes.
- Fold in almond meal.
- Fold in olive oil, yogurt, orange zest and rosemary.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30-33 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let rest on a rack and then carefully remove from cake pan, using a knife to peel away bottom.
- Eat warm or save by covering with foil...will stay moist for several days.