Vigor Trigger: Click the pink for health benefits!
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 ¼ cups finely chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsely
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 15 cherry tomatoes (heirloom when in summer season) quartered
- 2 scant teaspoons salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (*Watch video on how to choose the best olive oil.)
- the juice of 2 lemons
- the zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon wheat free-tamari (or good soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Aminos or Braggs Aminos, which are available here or in health food stores)- or another 1/2 teaspoon wheat-free tamari
- Cook quinoa with water in a automatic rice cooker. Otherwise follow package instructions.
- When done, remove lid to let cool slightly.
- WHILE STILL WARM, add olive oil and salt and stir.
- Add fresh herbs. Stir.
- Add lemon and lemon zest.
- Add tomatoes. Stir.
- Add tamari (soy sauce) and coconut aminos. Stir.
- Let sit for at least an hour for flavors to harmonize