- 1 bottle chilled Moscato d’Asti
- 1 bottle chilled good rosé wine
- FRUIT AND FRESH HERBS: choose from the following that you find through your local farmer’s market (the amount is a suggestion - not a rule. You can’t mess this up!!)
- an orange, sliced in half - cut into 3 circles, and then in half = 6 pieces
- 3 apricots - chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 3 plums, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 nectarines or peaches - white or orange, or one of both - sliced into wedges (eighths)
- 1 pear, cored and cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 apple
- 2 handfuls of green or white grapes
- 10 cherries plus more for garnishing each glass
- 10 strawberries plus more for garnishing each glass
- Fresh mint or basil leaves to garnish (optional)
Mix it up, put it in the fridge covered for an hour, and serve it up. (Don’t leave in fridge too long or you will lose the bubbles. To prepare in advance, cut up all the fruit and just pour in the chilled wines an hour before guests arrive.)
Don’t throw out the fruit when all the wine is done!
Here are a few ideas for it:
- Place it in a bowl with lemon sorbet on top, garnished with fresh mint.
- Put it in a pan, cover and cook over medium low heat for an hour. Serve à la mode.