Parmigiano Reggiano is the king of all Italian cheeses. There is no substitute for it. Parmesan is a cheap american knock-off that does not have the same exquisite flavor or the same health benefits. Parmigiano Reggiano is made from grass fed cows in a marked region of Italy between PARMA and REGGIO Emilia. Hence its name. Parmigiano means someone or something from Parma and Reggiano means someone or something from Reggio Emilia. You pay up for the real stuff and if you prefer not to spend the money, don’t. But don’t buy the fake crap and pretend it’s real. I might show up at your dinner table and catch you red handed. God forbid you use that shaker thing and I might throw your kitchen table out the window. Parmigiano Reggiano is:
- so frickin’ good
- easier to digest than other milk products as the aging process breaks down other milk proteins.
- lower in fat and salt than most cheeses.
- an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
- common in the diet of Italian athletes.
- high in CLA, a cancer-fighting, fat-reducing lipid.
Watch video: Meal and a Spiel on Parmigiano Reggiano
TAGS: parmigiano reggiano
MORE LIKE THIS: vigor triggers