Vigor Trigger: Click the pink for health benefits!
use 8, 5 ounce ramekins
recipe can easily be doubled
- 1 block (7 oz.) 70% chocolate, Valrhona or Cordillera are my favs
- 1/8 cup good cacao powder, not dutch cocoa
- 1/6 cup (brown) sugar (eyeball half of ⅓ cup)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup hot strong coffee or weakened espresso (good decaf ok)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 can unsweetened coconut milk (not lite)
- 4 drops coconut extract (optional)
- powdered sugar for topping
- Non Dairy Coconut Bliss Ice Cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F and “grease” each ramekin with extra virgin coconut oil.
- Chop the chocolate into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the chocolate, the cacao powder and sugar in a food processor and pulse into well chopped.
- Add HOT coffee and pulse until well melted.
- Add eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil and coconut extract and pulse until well mixed.
- Pour mixture evenly into the 4 ramekins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool a little bit and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or Coconut Bliss.