Vigor Trigger: Click the pink for health benefits!
- 1 1/2 lbs. or 2 actual boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Ask your butcher to slice them in half through the middle.
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled with your fingers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 30 or more grinds of the pepper mill, a good tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or wheat free tamari*
- 1 generous tablespoon of dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a kitchen scissors cut the breasts into tenders, some a little smaller and some a little bigger so some will be juicier and some crispier.
- Put panko on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper and mix around with hands.
- In a separate shallow bowl, add the egg whites, dijon mustard and soy sauce. Stir with a fork to integrate as much as possible.
- Take each piece of chicken and dip in egg mixture and then in breadcrumb mixture, making sure it is well coated with the herbed panko.
- Place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue until done.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, flip pieces over and bake for another 5-6 minutes. Taste. If lacking salt or pepper sprinkle some on top. Eat hot!
*Shop for specialty foods and hard to find ingredients here.