Makes 2 ½ cups cranberry sauce
- 1 bag cranberries
- 1 apple - Fuji or sweet variety, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 orange
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Put cranberries and apples in a sauce pan.
- Use a knife to cut off a few large pieces of peel from the orange. Its more than ok to include some of the flesh in there, it will only add to the yumminess.
- Pierce the orange skin with the cloves and add to the sauce pan.
- Add bay leaves.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze all the juice into the pan.
- Add a cup of water and the honey. Stir.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat, stir again, then adjust flame to lowest possible and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let sit for another 20 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Remove orange peels and bay leaves before serving.