Vigor Trigger: Click the pink for health benefits!
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup raw or creamy honey
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 pints blackberries,
- zest of one or two lemons
- Place medium heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add wine, honey and bay leaves and cloves.
- Mix until honey is dissolved.
- Let bubble, stirring occasionally until wine becomes syrup-y and you can see bottom of pan when swiped with your wooden spoon. (about 10 minutes)
- Remove from heat.
- Add 2 of the three pints of black berries, toss to coat.
- Put in blender, vitamix or food processor and pulse so it becomes a textured puree, i.e. not smooth. Don’t overdo it.
- Add the rest of the blackberries, mix and put in fridge to cool.
- Use to top your favorite dessert and finish with lemon zest. Perfect with Coconut Milk Yogurt Cups.
- Go to heaven.